MSP Tool Chest
The MSP Tool Chest is a collection of free tools that we have found useful in our MSP practice and want to share with the MSP community. Some are specific to the Kaseya VSA platform, while others are of general interest and application.
All of our tools can be downloaded from our Downloads page (simple registration required). This page will be updated regularly as we make new components available, so check back often!
Kaseya Procedure Documentation Tool
The Procedure Documentation Tool creates a plain-text copy of any Kaseya procedure directly from a Kaseya Procedure Export file (XML format). This can be helpful when documenting your procedures or diagnosing a particularly tough issue. It is often helpful to be able to view more than one screen of your procedure, and the MSP Builder Procedure Documentation Tool provides that solution!
Key features of this tool include:
- Automatically detects and switches between Service Desk or Agent Procedure syntax.
- Automatically detects Folder Exports and extracts every procedure into a separate document.
- All generated files are plain text for direct printing and simple importing into other applications, documents, and web pages.
- The procedure name is extracted directly from the procedure, and all output files are prefixed with “Procedure” for easy grouping by type.
- Every output file contains a header with the procedure name and type. Agent Procedures also include any available summary data in the header.
- An “all” parameter is available to process all procedures found in the working folder.